I'll add my own scary stat to the list :
- Spam exceeded 70% of all e-mail in July 2004 (60% of which is being sent by infected zombie machines)
- About 1 in 12 e-mails carried viruses in the first six months of 2004
- There are now 1,740 known, unpatched security flaws in Windows and other operating systems
- More than 1,974 unique phishing attacks were reported in July 2004
- In surveys, 74% of users whose PCs are running adware from Claria (formerly Gator) said they had no knowledge of it being installed.
- Thirty percent of American consumers have experienced online identity theft