Monday 20 February 2006

My First Day of School

The first day of full-time study since 1980, anyway.

There was the usual hassles with the University Administration. I still haven't been officially enrolled, I don't have a computer (but do have an account on the network when I get one), I don't have a phone (but at least i have a desk to put it on when I get one), I don't have a student ID card (but do have a student number), and so on.

Unlike other University administrative sections I've had the misfortune to deal with, these people are actually quite friendly. They take the attitude that they're there to support the students and staff, rather than the latter being inconvenient nuisances that they wish would just go away.

I love it. But it has kept me a bit busy, hence the light blogging recently.

No comments: