Wednesday 23 July 2008

Today's Battle

From the El Paso Times :
A former state employee claimed Tuesday in a federal lawsuit that top Georgia legislative officials fired her because she said she would come to work dressed as a female as she prepared for a sex-change procedure to transform from man to woman.

Vandy Beth Glenn said Tuesday she was illegally fired from her job as a legislative editor for the Georgia General Assembly after she told her boss she was going to live as a woman full time.

She said Legislative Counsel Sewell Brumby fired her because the gender transition would make her colleagues feel uncomfortable and would be seen as "immoral" by Georgia legislators.


And from the comments over at Topix....
this person is totaly sick and schould be put away for good.that is very imoral.
...
this freak is not a "her"....women don't have dicks.
THIS IS NOT A WOMAN WERE TALKING ABOUT FOLKS.....
...
This MAN is a freak. Before his sex "change" he was a man. After his sex "change" he is now a man with fake breasts and no pecker
...
When is the rest of the human race going to stop catering to these freaks ?


But note also, in reply to one of my posts giving evidence:
Thank you....now that's an answer. I will review the links and get back. It is a serious question i ask...and you gave me a serious answer. If I'm wrong...then I have no problem admitting that. If you can prove to me there are physiological differences, then I'll listen.
That's all I can ask for, really. I claim no direct line to the Almighty, nor do I have the right to force my opinions on others. I do have the right to respectfully request they review the evidence, and come to an informed opinion of their own, even if it differs from mine.

It's a very ... conservative ... way of doing things.

1 comment:

Battybattybats said...

"I do have the right to respectfully request they review the evidence, and come to an informed opinion of their own, even if it differs from mine.

It's a very ... conservative ... way of doing things. "

That's also the way i was raised to do things by my hippy, bohemian, communist and lefty family.

Alas I've since found that a lot of people are either unable or unwilling to have an informed opinion at all and rather insist on holding onto an uninformed one contrary to all available evidence.

Or to put it into a neat soundbyte of wisdom:
"you can lead someone to knowledge...
but you can't make them think!"

But there's no other ethical way of going about things so it's a matter of reaching enough of those who can choose to think and then eventually natural sociological processes will bring round enough of those who wont to change the situation.

At least till I complete my Giant Atomic Robot with it's HYPNO BEAM! Mu-HA-Ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaa.

Sorry, I shouldn't comment so late at night, lol.