Tuesday 23 March 2010

Blogging will be light this week....

Monday - meeting with Dean to discuss my scholarship - CHECK

Tuesday - work interrupted by explosion and fire at the Research School of Chemistry next door at 17:30 - building evacuated because of danger of toxic chemicals. There were casualties.

Wednesday - Deadline for paperwork to get paid for teaching. Presentation on "Meta Genetic Algorithms and Molecules" at 10:00

Thursday - Giving Lecture on HAZOP hazard and operability analysis at 14:00 with reference to the Flixborough disaster.

Friday - Deadline for paper to Artificial Life Conference in Denmark - paper must be ready for peer review, for submission by the 31st.

Saturday - work on camera-ready copy for paper and poster to the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2010) in Oregon

Sunday
- preparation for presentation to the Research School of Chemistry on my PhD work.

Status: Frazzled

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hehe... Were I in the midst of such a heavy week, I wouldn't even have bothered with such a post! I'm clearly very much a light-weight blogger in comparison to you! :)

I hope your week goes well and that you are soon a little less frazzled! :)

Unknown said...

OMGZoe!!
You are burning the candle on both ends.
Good luck in your myriad of ventures.
You will be missed this week.

kae said...

Here's me complaining about not starting the S2/10 timetabling until this week... the deadline is next Monday. I'm new at the position and unfamiliar with the courses.

Oh, it's going to be a busy week. It's allllll goooooooood.