Saturday 19 July 2003

When in Rome

From the weblog of LT Smash, an American soldier stationed in the general vicinity of Iraq :
I surveyed the food court, which boasted a surprising number of American fast food chains, including the mandatory McDonald's. There was one joint that served a variety of Arab and Indian dishes, but I was turned off by the monkey brains in the buffet (not kidding), so I opted for Pizza Hut instead.
A lost opportunity. When will he ever have the chance to try them again? Personally, I would have gone Indian. Mmmmm...Brains... Then again, some local shops do an excellent Pork Knuckle and Jellyfish. Crunchy. It helps that I live near Dickson, Canberra's Chinatown. Within 30 meters of each other there's Suschi, Turkish Pizzas, Kebabs, Kimchi, Rijstafel, Phad Thai, as well as even more foreign restaurants such as Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonalds.

No comments: