Friday 22 December 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

To quote from Bladerunner.

But I no longer feel like a Replicant, I can watch BSG without automatically identifying with a Cylon.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Well, I've seen and heard things you people wouldn't believe. Tales of heroism, tales of the most monstrous abuse. But one difference: for me, it is most definitely Time to Live.

Anyway, after arriving home this morning after leaving the clinic in Thailand, hugging Andrew (my first and most important duty and pleasure), dilating (which after a 24 hour delay was Not Fun, and required more than the usual painkillers), arranging a blood test to get the new baselines so I can re-start Hormones (Menopause is also Not Fun), going to to Uni before the Christmas shutdown to make preparations for my paper due January 20th....

I crashed, and slept 5 hours straight, when I was playing with Andrew, setting up the Wiggles for him. Just lay down with him, and then woke up.

Oops. Well, I was supposed to be taking it easy. Not going back to work for at least a month. Resting. My body decided enough was enough.

So I will be rescuing all the posts that wouldn't publish, replying to all the e-mails and somments on the blog, and generally catching up.... tomorrow.

Now I have to dilate have a bath, and do it again in about 6 hours to establish a regular rhythm.

I'm home though, and amongst people I love. Learning how to Live a bit more can wait for a while, as people have said, you don't over-intelectualise about it, it's more abour relaxing and letting stuff happen than anything else.

Regular blogging will resume shortly. And did I say Thanks to all my readers? For the support, the advice, the donations to my medical expenses, and all the rest. I hope to continue to be reasonably or even unreasonably entertaining and thought-provoking, just as I've been fascinated by the blogs of many of my readers and those on my blogroll.

Oh well, duty calls (Dilation, remember?). More Later.

No comments: