Wednesday 8 October 2008

Over a Quarter of a Million Served

250,000 unique visits. Over 380,000 page views.

If each reader had just contributed 2c per visit.... then it would have meant that they thought my blog would have been worth 2c to read! It would also have just about paid for my medical bills so far.

I'll try to do better in future. To be worth 2c, even if I don't actually get it.

And to those who have donated... I'm afraid that all that came in went out again. You see, there's people in far greater need than I am. By your donations, I reckon you've saved at least two lives, and made a real difference in a dozen more. Including my own.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably already know about this, but if not:

Woman's body has become male
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24358538-36398,00.html

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Heh. I tried Amazon Partners. I tried AdSense. I had some pretty good traffic at times (I'm not sure what the total was, but not up with yours)...but I came to the conclusion that blogging, unless you are one of the "names", is just for love, not money!

Anonymous said...

Ha! 'medical' bills he calls them. That's a laugh. What was the disease being cured huh? What tests were done to diagnose and observe the disease?

Ha! Fucking messed up fucking freak.

Zoe Brain said...

The tests included innumerable blood tests, plus an MRI scan of the pit fossa, ultrasounds of scrotal sac and abdomen, genetic testsm various physical exams looking for signs of well-understood genetic syndromes...

By far the most common cause of rapid natural sex change is an aggressive and highly malignant hormone-secreting neoplasm. That could be in any of the cholesterol-metabolising glands. Most of the tests were to try to locate any primary site.

Oh yes, and pro-forma psych tests to make sure the somatic changes and hormonal chaos hadn't caused mental dysfunction.

Zoe Brain said...

Anon - the formal diagnosis in October 2005 was "severe androgenisation of a non-pregnant woman". So it's "she" not "he".