Monday 11 October 2010

Surgery on Intersexed Newborns

A segment from ABC's "Hungry Beast" programme.



The lighting is such that you can see where my sinus was crushed in an attack on me before I was 10. The lump on my forehead is still there, 44 years later. Bullying of Intersex and Trans kids happens, even if their genitalia appears normal. You don't prevent that by changing their genitalia, you do it by changing society. In the process, you'll save a lot of other kids too.

BTW - it wasn't until I had my skull PET-scanned for a chronic sinus problem about ten years ago that I found out my left brow sinus had been crushed. It seemed at the time no worse an injury than others I'd received.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The thought that you were so brutaly bullied as a child brings bitter tears to my eyes.
Hugz and luv,
Cynthia Lee